Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The truth comes out!

Okay so, we delivered our news to our parents yesterday afternoon. Hubby's parents came out to my parents lake house for the day, where of course the day was cold & rainy- blah. This is the first day all summer it was so gross out, so we didn't get a chance to take the boat or jet ski out.

We held off for a while until right before dinner time, when hubby grabbed his camera and told them he wanted to take a picture of everyone since they were all together. We stood next to the canal and had all 4 of our parents stand together.

Hubby and I were literally shaking in our boots

The plan was to have me stand next to him while he said "say cheese" and then claim the camera didn't work. The second try I would say "say Stacey's pregnant!"

Well, he was apparently so nervous that he took the picture without the "say cheese" part. So he took a second one and said his part. Right after that he goes to take the real one and I say it. "Say Stacey's pregnant!"

They literally thought we were joking. They all just stood there and smiled until his dad goes "They're just kidding" and I say "well, not really..." That's when hubby got the best picture- my mom's mouth wide open and his mom in a state of shock. 

It. Is. Hilarious

I can't wait to show this child when s/he is older "this is what your grandparents thought about you!" HA. 

After that it was lots of hugs and everyone was SO excited! I was completely relieved and the butterflies I had all day finally went away. Our moms already were deciding on what they want to be called "grandma vs nana"- so it's safe to say they are super excited :-)

This morning when we woke up at the lake house my mom said she didn't even sleep at all because she was thinking about it so much and is still shocked & excited about it!

We may have even ran to Babies R Us today to take a quick peek at some cribs already, a little premature, YES.. but shhhh- it's our little secret for now!

Without further adieu.... the (soon to be famous) picture



Priceless!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I told everyone the day I found out and I was only 4 weeks preggo. The first thing my mom said was "I'm too young to be a grandma" and I told her "gee, thanks". Great to see that your parents are so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COGRATS! That's such a funny story.
    I found you on Top Mommy Blogs--Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great idea about the photo! Now you get to hold on to that memory and share it over the years!

    ReplyDelete