Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

It's real!

First of all, I am a terrible person and have ignored this blog for far too long. I'm sorry! I promise to pay more attention and update it more with boring stories that nobody but me probably cares about (ha)

 Okay here it goes...

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my first appointment. I got there right on time and had to take a pregnancy test to confirm it. I was a little nervous because the nurse said that the positive line was faint, but there.

I assumed I was exactly 9 but she told me she didn't think so. She decided to send me for a sonogram (Thank you Jesus!) because she couldn't tell how far along I was in the office. I wasn't supposed to get a sonogram for another 4 - 6 weeks so I was super happy to be able to go!

I luckily got an appointment right away for a sonogram, and had just enough time to go home and grab the hubby and head back out together. 


Right away we saw the baby on the screen and could see the heart beating so fast! The heartbeat was 170 bpm which is very good and made me feel even more relieved! That was the moment when it became real for us. Really, real. It was amazing to see this little blob move around a bit!

It was so awesome!!

After the doctor took a bunch of measurements a ton of different ways, she told me I was 8 weeks and 1 day along. This is about a week less than I thought, but not too far off.

This makes my due date April 2nd instead of March 28th. I'm actually glad because I'd rather the baby have a birthday when it is nicer outside (I know I'm weird like that).

Actually, now we are hoping this baby decides to stay in extra long because hubby is an accountant and extremely busy with tax season until April 15th, so if we can sweet talk the baby into staying in until the 16th that would be great...  fingers crossed, but not holding my breath!

Here s/he is!


No comments:

Post a Comment